WARNING: The opinions expressed below are DEFINITELY those of The CoLab Theatre Company! Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Burn Out

I had a busy summer - I worked on two shows, worked as many hours a week as I could fit in, and tried to have some form of a social life. I blogged, I travelled, I partied, I made new friends and relearned to appreciate old ones, I learned to cook. One thing I did not do, was sleep. And I think I'm still tired. I've gone on a few auditions in the past weeks and I was almost relieved when I was not cast. It was like the universe was telling me, "It's time to sit back and relax for a little while." This is not to say that I'm auditioning for things I don't want. I would never attend an audition that I wasn't actually interested in. It just seems like the "not getting cast" is happening for a reason.

Actually, I was recently offered a really interesting part in a small show and I had to turn it down because I realized that I simply would not be bringing my best work to the project. This is not to say that I'm taking a hiatus from auditioning, but just that maybe a break isn't the worst thing in the world. I spent a few days on Cape Cod this week and I have to say, doing nothing was absolutely refreshing. There was sun, swimming, drinking, and napping for three hours at a time. (Not to mention excellent company.) And I absolutely needed it. I'm sure it won't be long before I get the bug again (or find a part that I can't live without) but it's been nice actually have a little free time and enjoy the last of the summer weather.

Plus, it gives me some time to work on our next CoLab endeavor! I've been reading plays, seeing movies, and starting to brainstorm. I'm excited to move forward, but boy has relaxing been excellent. Maybe I'll pull a Grace Kelly and just marry into royalty... :)

PS -- I'll be doing some more relaxing at the Holland Homecoming Dance on Friday night. If you want to help CoLab become royalty, vote for MLM and Kenny here! Then I'll at least be Co-Artistic Director with royalty!

No comments:

Post a Comment