WARNING: The opinions expressed below are DEFINITELY those of The CoLab Theatre Company! Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Blue Monday


Ok, who is sick of this grayness? Who is feeling antsy and sort of down?

Well it's scientific fact that today January 25, 2010 is going to be the most depressing day of the year. It's true. And boy, I am feeling it. And if you are too, then you are in good company. The winter blues don't usually get to me, but this year...something is definitely slowing me down.

Maybe it's that I haven't actually performed since August , or that I'm not really sure what direction I want to/ should be headed in, or that most of my good friends are really far away, or that I can't seem to find the time to sit down and eat an actual meal lately, or of course some combination of all of these things. But I just have a case of the Blahs. And the Mondays. And they are an unfortunate combination.

I know it will pass soon enough - but for now I can just marvel at the calm contemplation that this mid-winter melancholy brings.

"...we must anatomize melancholy
take stock of the causes:
stars a cause
love a cause
death a cause
morning a cause
afternoon a cause
evening a cause
the odd times between morning and afternoon and evening
a cause"


The imminently intriguing Sarah Ruhl from Melancholy Play






No comments:

Post a Comment