WARNING: The opinions expressed below are DEFINITELY those of The CoLab Theatre Company! Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Image/Imagination

With the exception of the amount of chocolate I consume on a weekly basis, I am a pretty healthy eater. When I go to the grocery store I buy things like apples and veggie burgers and 100 calorie snack packs. (And chocolate - but it's dark chocolate!!!) As an actress, I feel like it's part of my job to stay active and healthy. HOWEVER, I'm not someone who considers herself a dieter. Diet fads even make me uncomfortable. But today I found a diet fad that makes me a little angry - even angrier than the Nutella commerical where the mom insists she gets her kids to eat healthier by spreading Nutella all over items like whole wheat bread and apples that they won't eat otherwise.

And this diet is... drum roll please... THE TACO BELL DIET. This lady insists that she lost 54 pounds over 2 years by eating at Taco Bell. I think she put Jared from Subway out of a job. If you don't believe me, you can read all about her on this website: http://www.drivethrudiet.com/. What's wrong with a healthy homemade salad?!

Now that I've gotten my anxiety out over this, I'm in rehearsals right now for Makeshift Theatre's The Emperor's New Clothes. I'm playing Bryanna Qu8tl!nnn, a Veruca Salt-esque brat, in a poufy dress and pigtails. If you ever wanted to watch me act like a screaming child on stage (because I would never do that in real life) this is your chance. I've never acted for kids before - I've directed them and written for them but never acted for them and I'm really looking forward to it. I love the idea of children at the theatre because they are so willing to believe in what is happening on stage, and that's what it's all about isn't it?

XOXO from this Big Kid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment