WARNING: The opinions expressed below are DEFINITELY those of The CoLab Theatre Company! Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Swept up!

I got a little swept away with it being election day today.

I love elections, they're so exciting! No matter how you feel this election turned out, the fact that something so monumental happened here in Massachusetts (the last Republican senator in Massachusetts was elected 35 years ago) will send a message to politicians and people all over the world. It says we still care about our country and that we do have a say in how things are done.

This will energize Democrats in every state for their November elections. It will wake up and shake up D.C.. It will allow us to take stock of what is important to each of us, and make us fight harder for the things we believe in.

We are an independent nation, and though I can't say I'm pleased with the state of our economy or morale at this moment, I can say I feel lucky to be able to contribute to how our laws are made and how our country is run, even when it doesn't go my way.

I hope you voted today, no matter which way you voted because every single vote was important and said something about who you are and what you care about.

And if you didn't vote today, I hope the energy of the campaigns, the energy of the people, and the outcome of this election has inspired you to participate next time.

And if you're not political and you are sick of all of this special election nonsense and don't understand or care why everyone seems so worked up...Get hooked on Big Love, it's the best TV show you're not watching. :-)

Congratulations US Senator Scott Brown - and good luck to you, you have a lot to prove.

No comments:

Post a Comment