WARNING: The opinions expressed below are DEFINITELY those of The CoLab Theatre Company! Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back In The Game

These are the things I love about auditions:

1. Getting nervous. It makes me remember that I still care about getting the part. I care about getting ready and being professional at the audition and presenting a strong monologue to the director.

2. Getting dressed up. Although let's face it - anything is dressed up compared to my stupid white uniform. But moving on.

3. Running into friends. It makes me realize that I actually am a real part of the Boston theatre community.

4. ACTUALLY FREAKING AUDITIONING!!!!!!!!!!!! Performing is a such a rush for me. If you've ever read this blog you already know that. :)

Anyways, it was a fabulous audition. I felt strongly about my own pieces and I felt strongly reading some scenes. Mary-Liz and I read for sisters which was super cool as we already have a great rapport. We actually felt like sisters. I'm looking forward to the callback on Sunday. I really feel like I'm right for this role. I mean as right as you can be to play a sixteen year old heroin addict. I feel like I haven't played a "real" person in such a long time that I'm actually hungry for it. So hungry. So we'll see what happens. I've got the spark in me again and boy does it feel good. I guess I didn't realize that I missed it so much until Tuesday. I'll keep you posted (get it? through blog posts?) but I'm ready to fight for this.

1 comment:

  1. Reading with you was so fantastic! See you at Callbacks on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete