WARNING: The opinions expressed below are DEFINITELY those of The CoLab Theatre Company! Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Rainy Day

Today was a rainy day and I didn't even mind. I've been on the couch for the last six days with the flu and I haven't been able to go outside (duh). I was feeling pretty good today so I walked to the grocery store. The rain was almost refreshing - and it was way nicer to walk in the rain than it was to sit on my couch for at least 20 minutes. Breathing in the fresh air was exciting! I don't have any stories since I haven't been doing anything too exciting the past few days, but I'll leave you with my favorite rainy day scene. It's entitled Paris Street; Rainy Day and it was painted by Gustave Caillebotte in 1877. Check out the angles in the painting and how wet he makes the street look. Pretty spectacular. It hangs at the Art Institute of Chicago and someday I would love to see it in person. (Ferris did after all.) For today, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment