WARNING: The opinions expressed below are DEFINITELY those of The CoLab Theatre Company! Learn more at www.colabtheatre.org!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Erika's Weekend To Do List

Okay Folks, here is my must do list for you this weekend! It's Valentine's Day - who cares? - do something nice for yourself this weekend. I've compiled a list of my favorite things right now and if you're looking to try something new, I highly recommend the following foods, tv shows, music, and PERFORMANCES. Ready, set, go!

Plays I'm In:
- Saturday, February 13 at 10:30 a.m. - The Emperor's New Clothes
- Sunday, February 14 at 6 p.m. - My Sister is An Actress --> This is a one night only event that is going to be wonderful. It's short and free and I'd love to share it with you all!

TV Shows I'm Loving:
- Modern Family: This is the best show on tv right now. The script is hilarious, the performances are sharp, and the humor is dead on. The show focuses on the intersecting lives of three families and the hi-jinks that happen to them. Claire and Phil have a "typical family" with three kids and a mini van, Claire's father has just married a much younger woman and is dealing with having a stepson, and Claire's brother and his gay life partner have just adopted a baby. It's phenomenal. The pilot is currently up on hulu. I suggest you watch it.

- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia: While I was originally opposed to this show, it's actually pretty funny. I seem to be mesmerized by shows about people who never seem to go to work, and this is one of them. (The other one is CougarTown. I'm embarassed to admit it but it's true.) This is a show about nothing, similar to Seinfeld but much crasser. The great thing about this show is that the improvisation that occurs. Most of the actors are trained improvers and it comes out in their performances. Give it a try, if you don't like it, I won't judge you. But Frank might.

Foods I'm Excited About:
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes at the Cheesecake Factory: These are a new addition to our menu, ONLY AVAILABLE ON SUNDAYS BEFORE 2 p.m. Thankfully they are only available once a week or I would be SO FAT. Anywho, if you're looking for a yummy VDay Brunch, head on over to your local Cheesecake and order some. Mmmmmm...

- Trader Joe's Dried Mango: Looking for something sweet to eat but don't want to indulge in another bag of conversation hearts? Try these. You might still eat the whole bag, but at least it will be healthier for you.

Music You Have to Hear:
- Michael Bublé: His new album is called Crazy Love and the song I love is "Haven't Met You Yet." It's fabulous and makes you want to jump up and dance around your room. Perfect for all of you lovely singles out there.
- Lady Antebellum: The album is called Need You Now and they are making me enjoy country music. My pandora is tuned to them nonstop lately and the best part is their station also plays Taylor Swift - what could be better?

That's all. Happy Vday Everyone - I LOVE YOU and hope you have great weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment