Monday, February 15, 2010
After the debacle of a canceled vacation I decided to make the best of a 4 day weekend here in Beantown....here are the highlights
- The opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games in Vancouver, a theatrical event of epic proportions.
- True West - being given a strong showing at Cornerstone Performing Arts Center in Fitchburg MA, the two lead actors are switching roles each weekend. I'll be going back for round two this Friday. Runs through March 7.
- My first (and second and third) round of "Prairie Fire" shots (I didn't partake)....from what I witnessed it looked like a Grotowski exercise gone awry
- A reunion with Tequila. Our relationship is volatile at best, but this weekend we had a good time together.
- Ties that Bind, produced by the upstart GAN-e-meed Theatre Project. Great work by awesome women (and a few good men too ;-) ) and great friends. In my opinion they are the Small company to watch this year. They're next endeavor, BOOBfest is a fundraiser happening Feb. 23 at the Boston Playwrights' Theatre.
- Skype dates with far away friends. Those of you spread far and wide from your besties know, a web cam and a wireless connection can be a saving grace for those times when all you need is someone who doesn't care if you stuff your face with cookies and watch Figure Skating instead of actually talking....or someone to run last minute lines with. Whatev.
- Sleeping late on a Monday.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekends - let us know your highlights!